For audio and show notes, click "Read More" below; or first watch the preview video.
The NBA Commissioner Emeritus
- recalls defeating Donald Trump in a tennis match, and declining requests for a rematch. (9:40 into the podcast)
- criticizes Hillary Clinton's campaign slogans, and deconstructs her marketing shortcomings. (17:05)
- explains a "revolutionary" technology for basketball that he and Magic Johnson have invested millions in. (22:38)
- expounds on his prediction of several NBA teams being based in Europe well before Elon Musk's vision of humans on Mars. (28:01)
- offers free advice to ESPN's John Skipper and the NFL's Roger Goodell about recent issues affecting their organizations. (32:30)
- recalls Nelson Mandela's secret -- and stunning -- visit to his hotel room in South Africa. (35:14).
- deems Bryant Gumbel "an idiot" for once calling him a "modern plantation overseer."(1:05:30)
- sings a Frank Sinatra tune before revealing that his biggest regret in life was spending little time with his two sons. (1:10:32)
- takes us behind the scenes of the blockbuster trade he controversially overruled, preventing Chris Paul from joining Kobe Bryant's Lakers -- and perhaps drastically reshaping the NBA. (1:29:13)
- explains why Jon Stewart is his favorite comedian, with John Oliver coming a close second (1:35:03)